Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Welcome


For it is a rare moment when we get a glimpse of heaven, few get such a glimpse and ever fewer get a close up encounter. But for those of us who knew my dad, we know that we are among those lucky few. My dad was only here for a short time, but he accomplished more in his lifetime that most will ever dream of. He was our gift--if only for a moment and now, two years later we still long to hear him, see him, feel him, laugh and cry with him.

I have made this blog as a gift...to all the many people who loved him dearly and who still long for him in their life. I am one of those people, a daughter missing her dad, her best friend and her guidance. I miss him and for me, maybe this is just a way to get me through the days, a way to let me reflect on his life or maybe this is for many others who still feel a little empty without him!

Please send your stories, your thoughts, your poems, your pictures, your sadness your joys and we can all remember our sweet angel Dennis together. Leave your comments, everyone can even if you list yourself as Anonymous. I will post here often, stories, reflections, memories and thoughts so remember him always and return here often.

With Love,

Deja

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you started this blog, Deja. I have tears in my eyes after reading the story of your Dad's journey. I am glad you are able to remember him daily and get your feelings down in writing. I look forward to your future posts.